Nielsen Mobile Ratings Report | July 2015 Reports
THB (including GST)
The release of mobile audience data via the IAB Australia and Nielsen Mobile Ratings Report is the first phase of major upgrades to the digital audience measurement system in Australia. In early 2016 the Mobile Ratings Report will be replaced by Digital Ratings Monthly which will fuse smartphone and tablet panel data with Nielsen’s home/work PC panel data and tagged website data. Digital Ratings Monthly will be the base for further development which will see Nielsen transition to daily delivery of digital audience data through Digital Content Ratings, which is slated for launch in mid-2016.
Key findings of the July 2015, Mobile Ratings Report include:
- 12.5 million Australians accessed the internet on smartphones and 7.4 million Australians on tablets
- Australians 18+ spend more time on smartphones than any other digital device, with just over 33 hours per person per month spent browsing or using apps
- Current Events and Global News category is dominated by the same brands that have historically been strong on desktop (news.com.au, smh.com.au)
- 9 million Australians used commerce or shopping sites on their smartphone and 5 million on their tablet
- Over 10.7 million Australians used video and streaming services on their smartphone and 5.1 million on their tablets
- 75% of Australian smartphone users are connecting to financial services or information every month
- Time spent browsing or on applications is now highest on smartphones than desktop or any other device with 42 percent of total time spent on smartphones
- More than 10 million Australians are using smartphones for entertainment, news, social and search each month
- More than eight million are using smartphones for shopping, music, travel and gaming
- Google and Facebook are the leaders in both smartphone and tablet rankings at the parent (or organisation) level with a number of other global brands being very high in the rankings including Apple, eBay and Microsoft. Local players also feature strongly with Telstra, Yahoo7, Fairfax and News ranking highly.
This data provides the industry an independent first view of Australian mobile audiences and is a fundamental input into IAB Australia and Nielsen’s more comprehensive trading currency, Digital Ratings Monthly
Shopping cart is empty.
To securely download this report, please add to cart below
To access the full report, please provide us with a little information.Free Download
Australian Connected Consumers Report | 2015 Australian Radio Report | April 2015downloads/nielsen-mobile-ratings_july2015